Re: [Yade-users] [Question #675297]: Problem in GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper

Hi Raphaël,
Let's use yade-dev for this sort of things.
Sorry if I broke something, I was actually about to write to you when commiting. The check-script is apparently not using timeStepper since "yade --check" still gives the expected result:

//running:  checkViscElPM.py//
/
One thing to clarify before I can suggest something is this: before my last commit [1] a body with null stiffness (no contact) would not be asigned a timestep at all, while I can imagine that some particles have viscous interactions with neighbors even if they don't touch. No? In last commit I thus inserted something to let timestep be computed with just viscosity part, it leads to line 58 being now conditional:
/if (not viscEl) return;/

You can remove the "if" to restore previous behaviour. Most of the other changes I made are only effective if densityScaling=true, which is not your case I guess. So this "return" is one of very changes that could cause the regression.

Cheers

Bruno

[1] https://github.com/yade/trunk/commit/85ae0ab8fea0be21e7f7e58efadc7120552c6f48#diff-d16884b57bf77bd94e7c5043ee35fe82