Re: Migrating to GitLab

Regarding git branching model, I like very much the one described here:

https://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

Regarding branch management model I am not sure how to approach this.

When I will start pushing fuild calculations stuff it will be lots of tiny
commits :) I suppose it will be easier for me to merge everything
locally, then push it. Do you then prefer to review a rather large merge?
If so, then do you prefer that I push a whole separate fuild branch?
I suppose that would make sense: would be easier to track fuild
development irrespective of other bugfixing happening in master,
or other branches.

In general I suppose that merge requests from other branches make
a bit more sense. But I am not sure how this will look in practice.

Regarding the server placement - as you said - thanks to decentralised
architecture of git, this does not make any problem. For instance I have
configured my laptop to push my ~/.dotfiles simulateneously to three
different places (localhost gitserver and two remote locations). This is
to be safe in case if any of remote servers are inaccessible for some reason.

best regards
Janek