Re: Migrating to GitLab

Hello,

I agree with a migration to GitLab for all the points already mentioned. It
seems the impact on the Yade project can only be positive if I am reading
these emails correctly. I find Anton's review especially compelling - there
is nothing like a glowing recommendation from someone who has used the tool
for two years.

Since I have nothing more to contribute, I might as well point out that
GitHub is now owned by Microsoft, which means we will likely start seeing
some changes to GitHub that stem from shareholder appetite rather than the
open source ideology to which we have become accustomed. GitLab seems to be
the only alternative committed to open source. Does the Yade community want
to continue supporting open source projects or would it rather support
Microsoft's title as the most valuable company in the world?
<https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/30/tech/microsoft-apple-most-valuable-company/index.html>

Cheers,

Robert