Re: Potential Blocks and Potential Particles - Documentation

Hi Boon,

awesome! I'm not sure if I need to reply to your address, or only to
yade-dev, so to be safe I reply to both now.

I did follow your instructions exactly and now all four examples did
start and run. But unfortunately they appeared to work incorrectly :(

Here's the list of problems I encountered:

WedgeYADE.py

The scene is empty until I click Display->intrAllWire

I am not sure maybe the calculation is going on correctly, but since
the shape is not drawn it is very hard to tell.

Also the terminal is spammed with messages like KnKsPBLaw.cpp:34 go:geom->penetrationDepth=0.00155115; de1->se3.position=-14.8839 8.48539 26.8419; de2->se3.position=-17.682 -6.95829 26.8667;

And the messages are so fast that it slows down calculation very fast.

cubePBscaled.py

The same problem as above also there are extra messages:

../yade:70: DeprecationWarning: dynamic=True is deprecated, use fixed=False instead
  print 20*'*'+' UNEXPECTED EXCEPTION WHILE RUNNING TESTS '+20*'*'
  print 'WARNING: compiled without OpenMP, -j/--threads/--cores have no effect.'
  else: os.environ['OMP_NUM_THREADS']='1'

basic.py

The sphere does not collide with the box, it goes through.

cubePPscaled.py

Drawing shapes is a bit slow, so it's hard to tell if it runs
correctly. I disabled drawing of shapes, enabled intrAllWire. Ran
simulation a bit and it seemed to work.
Then I clicked to enable drawing shapes and I got SIGSEGV/SIGABRT handler called; gdb

Also I see that your merge request has some lines like "not used" which is confirmed by similar compiler warnings like this one:

BlockGen.cpp:326:22: warning: unused variable ‘linecount’ [-Wunused-variable]
BlockGen.cpp:2670:48: warning: unused variable ‘zlocalA’ [-Wunused-variable]

best regards
Janek

Chia Weng Boon said:     (by the date of Mon, 21 Jan 2019 13:02:58 +0800)

Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |