Re: Make ccache working

Hi François,

Please remember to give your linux version.

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 at 17:44, François <francois.kneib@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> export CXX=ccache g++
>
>> bash: export: « g++ » : identifiant non valable
>>
> Using
>
>> export CXX='ccache g++'
>
> works

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot the " indeed, I'll fix it.
It would be useful to turn your bash to english for pasting errors here
(also much more efficient when searching online solutions).

> but it will result in cmake fail while checking cc compiler.
> Finally, I "installed" ccache thanks to the first answer here:
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/470545/how-do-i-set-up-ccache and it
> *kinda* works.

Arguably, using ccache is assuming that it is installed. ;)
Not sure why you needed that ubuntu 12.04 forum, as far as I remember I
only had to "apt-get install ccache".

>    - the second one, once the install is ok and cmake uses ccache, is
>    that I only get "unsupported compiler option" when I try *ccache -s*
>    after a full yade compilation. It results in a almost-empty cache:

Does compilation work?
Could you send cmake output, and some sample of "make VERBOSE=1"?

I have this:

*[ 39%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/yade.dir/pkg/dem/Ig2_Box_Sphere_ScGeom.cpp.o/usr/bin/ccache
g++  -DBOOST_MATH_DISABLE_FLOAT128=1 -DNDE...*

Cheers