New member Katia Boschi

Hi everyone,

I am starting a PhD project with Prof. Claudio Giulio di Prisco at Politecnico di Milano on numerical and analytical modelling of grout injection in granular materials, as part of a larger research project in Milano with industrial partner BASF. Indeed, grouting and jet-grouting are geotechnical consolidation techniques commonly employed to improve the mechanical behaviour of soils. Although these techniques are common, the micro-mechanical processes taking place at the local level are not yet quantitatively and qualitatively understood and hence rightly modelled.
I have been visiting the geomechanics group of Laboratoire 3SR for two months. This stay in Grenoble aims at setting up preliminary models with hydromechanical coupling DEM-PFV available in Yade-DEM, under the guidance of Bruno Chareyre.

Regards,
Katia Boschi

Follow ups