Re: [Question #681091]: installation problem

On Tue, 28 May 2019 at 16:51, Janek Kozicki <janek_listy@xxxxx> wrote:

> but I am afraid that it is only deferring problems to the later stage -
> yade
> will compile, but something won't work.

If you mean "won't work" in the sense of "will be disabled" that's fine.
If someone wants to compile with support for a specific module he will
usually pay attention to the prerequisites (especially if cmake output
makes it clearly and if the feature is missing after first compilation).
The problem here is that compilation fails completely for someone who,
potentially, has no interest in metis or in mpi, that's more annoying.
Still, I'm curious to know what the problem is in that case.