Re: Call for testing, updated yadedaily packages

Hi Jérôme,

On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 at 17:03, Jerome Duriez <jerome.duriez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And I just realized the docker files like this one
> <https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/docker-yade/blob/ubuntu16-py3/Dockerfile>
> are up-to-date lists of required packages for the different OS (are they
> ?), which is a very useful piece of information to point to from
> https://yade-dem.org/doc/installation.html,

It is indeed a relevant source of information and it can be mentioned.
However keep in mind that the dockerfiles contain more than what we need to
compile on a desktop (ccache, devscripts, git-buildpackage,... the list may
grow arbitrarily with time depending on what we find usefull to run the
pipelines). Therefore, we need to maintain also a minimal list of
prerequisites in the installation page anyway, with a single dependencies
line which can be copy-pasted to a terminal for the sake of convenience.
It seems to me that the current compilation instructions are relatively
clear whatever the OS, aren't they?
Cheers