Re: Call for testing, updated yadedaily packages

Hi Bruno,

> Was there specific difficulties with ubuntu16.04 (even if it's getting old I'm sure there would be users of it)?

Basically - Qt4 orientation of the GUI. So, debian rules should be
patched to use it.
But if you think it is necessary for the users - let's try to do it.

> - Where to host: yade-dem.org is available like before (it's on a brand new hardware and it should stay for years), we need to give you access to it I guess.

Yes. Ideally there should be possible to run a docker. And also it
would be good to have an access
to the folder, which is symlinced to the the yade-dem.org/packages.

> - Who/how to sign the packages: I don't see it very convenient if you have to do anything manually, we are updating master many times a day at the moment. Or maybe a few of us need to learn how to do it to.
It is extremely easy. It runs similar to the documentation: packages
should be pulled from gitlab,
signing etc is done by this script [1] and aptly. Dockerfile for the
image is here [2]

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/blob/master/scripts/ppa_ci/aptly/update_repos_next.sh
[2] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/blob/master/scripts/ppa_ci/aptly/Dockerfile

Regards