Re: publication using Yade

If only I could find how to modify the yade-articles.bib...

I am so bad with gitlab, it's pathetic... :)

Here is the bibtex entry in case someone has mercy on me:

@article{HUBER2024108946,
title = {Stability and failure modes of slopes with anisotropic strength:
Insights from discrete element models},
journal = {Geomorphology},
volume = {444},
pages = {108946},
year = {2024},
issn = {0169-555X},
doi = {https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geomorph.2023.108946},
url = {https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0169555X23003665},
author = {Marius Huber and Luc Scholtès and Jérôme Lavé},
keywords = {Slope stability, Landslides, Failure modes, Rock, Anisotropy,
Numerical modeling, Discrete element method},
abstract = {This paper investigates the relationships between hillslope
stability and fabric anisotropy of brittle rock materials and the
implications for landscape shaping. We use discrete element models to study
the stability and failure modes of slopes made of transverse isotropic rock
materials, focusing more particularly on the influence of the material
orientation relative to the topographic slope. After validating the
numerical approach with a limit equilibrium analytical solution in the case
of an isotropic material, we modify our numerical slope models to simulate
the rheological features of anisotropic gneissic rocks. Systematic
exploration of the transverse isotropy plane's orientation in two
dimensions (dip angle) reveals that slope collapse requires strength values
that are highly dependent on the orientation of the material relative to
the slope. For a 1000 m high escarpment, the stability of a slope with a
fixed gradient requires strength that is one order of magnitude greater in
a configuration where the isotropy plane is slightly less inclined than the
topographic slope (i.e., cataclinal overdip configuration) than in a
configuration where the isotropy plane is perpendicular to the slope (i.e.,
anaclinal configuration). Mirroring this highly variable stability
according to the relative orientation of the material, four modes of
deformation or gravitational instability are observed: in order of
appearance, when the transverse isotropy plane orientation goes from 0 to
180° with respect to the horizontal (going from cataclinal to anaclinal
configurations), the slope collapses respectively by sliding, buckling,
toppling and crumbling. The crumbling mode corresponds to a very stable
configuration for which the preferred ground movements will be rock falls
from the cliff compared to the structurally controlled, deep-seated
deformation modes leading to sliding and toppling. Despite the
simplifications inherent to the numerical approach, our study highlights
the essential characteristics of landslides occurring along slopes cut in
transverse isotropic materials and reproduces the various instability modes
observed in natural slopes. It also enables assessing their respective
kinetics as well as the volumes of material they mobilize. Finally, by
comparing our findings on the azimuthal variations in hillslope gradients
observed along the central Himalaya (Nepal), in an area characterized by
the relatively uniform orientation of the anisotropy in gneissic and
mica-schist formations, we show that, even though multiple environmental
factors come into play, landscape shaping is indeed strongly controlled by
material anisotropy.}
}