Re: The convergence criterion in YADE

I must correct my previous definition of CC.

It is better to define :

           sum(|SFi|)  (sum of the norms of resutant forces on bodies)
CC =    ___________
            **sum(|Fi|)**    (sum of the norms of contact forces)

In my previous definition, CC was proportional to the number of bodies because the denominator was mean(|Fi|).

Sorry...

Bruno

Simply compute the sum of all forces on a body. At equilibrium, sum of all Fi on body Bk is 0. If you sum now on all bodies, you still have sum of F over all i and k equal to 0 (SFik = 0).
If SFik != 0, you are not at equilibrium.
If you normalize SFik dividing it by the mean value of F, you have the classical definition of CC.

Bruno

Chareyre Bruno
     Maître de conférence
     Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
     Tél : 04.56.52.86.21
________________________________________ bureau I 08 Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France _______________

--