Re: About SDEC packing

yuannian wang said:     (by the date of Wed, 7 Jun 2006 08:33:39 -0700 (PDT))

> So I think in SDEC must be a packing method used to prepare the specimen,
[...]
> Could you let me know where can I get the previous version of SDEC if
> it's an open scourse? Thanks again and discuss with you later!

Hello :)

yes, there is a sphere packing code in SDEC, it's just not yet ported to YADE.

Frederic Donze has written SDEC, and you can try to ask him. But even if
he gives you the source, I'm sure that he will not have time to explain
you how to work with it!

Honestly I think that your only hope here is YADE - but it's still in
beta phase. So currently using it requires much self-commitment. We are
working on documentation. And we need as much help as possible. For
example you could try to get sphere packing code from SDEC and try to
rewrite it for YADE (unless Bruno does it first ;).