Re: Screen display worry !

Lionel Favier said:     (by the date of Wed, 05 Jul 2006 09:32:23 +0200)

> When I type "glxinfo | grep render" I have this message :
>
> lfavier@c1rosmerta-l:~$ glxinfo | grep render
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

ok. so it means, that it is not a problem with yade.

I'm sure that program glxgears will not work too - you can try running
it from a terminal.

You have to install correctly graphics drivers with hardware
acceleration for your video card. What video card do you have?

if nvidia, then it should be easy, you can for example try downloading
binary drivers for linux from nvidia's website.

then make sure that in file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 , or
/etc/X11/xorg.conf (depending on what X version you have) in

Section "Device"

you have:

        Driver          "nvidia"

that should be it.