Re: Compilation error with newest yade-0.10.0

Feng, Chen said:     (by the date of Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:50:57 -0400)

> Hi, all:
>
> Since I want to link the YADE with OpenFOAM, the first step is to compile YADE
> with the newest version 'yade-all-0.10.0', however, not so successful as
> previous versions, I got error as listed below after typing 'make
> compile_install':

Have you succesfully compiled previous version?

> 09: error: no matching function for call to _findType(int&, bool&,
> std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&)_
> make[3]: *** [DeusExMachina.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory

If yes, then make sure that you do not have any files remaining from
older version, that the new one is mistakenly trying to use. (like
/usr/local/include/YADE, or something like that)

findType() function is exactly the same in 0.9, and in 0.10. There is no
difference at all. So if you have problem with compiling only the newer
version, it must be some mistake in the system configuration (for yade),
that I'm unable to point to you :/

Make sure that you delete everything that previous yade versions may
have created. Or maybe just try to compilie_install into totallly
different directory, like INSTALL_DIR='/YADE-0.10' PREFIX_DIR='/home/fchen'

Tell us if you have solved this problem (and how!).