Re: general question

Ahmed ELMEKATI said:     (by the date of Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:27:48 -0800 (PST))

> I am trying to make a simple DEM code and my problem is related to the ball-wall contact. I have a horizontal wall on which i let a small ball to fall downwards. For some reason, the ball just passes through the wall although it should bounce on it.
>
> So my question is, in the DEM when a ball starts to be in contact with a wall, is the only thing to be evaluated the contact force between them or is there any other logic related to the kinematics of the impact?

so you are writing your own filegenerator, right?

If I am correct, then the contact between box and sphere is ignored
unless you write this line inside filegenerator in function
createActors :

interactionGeometryDispatcher->add("InteractingSphere","InteractingBox","InteractingBox2InteractingSphere4SpheresContactGeometry");

I think that the Funnel FileGenerator example does what you want: it
is a collision between spheres and boxes.

--
# Janek Kozicki