Re: installing YADE

> Dear all,
> I'm trying to install YADE and I get the following message
> ----------
> uic: File generated with too recent version of Qt Designer (3.3 vs. 3.1.2)
[...]
> ----------
> I have tried to find Qt Designer 3.1.2 unsuccessfully. Could you please
> help me? Is it OK to downgrade Qt Designer or I will experience problems?
> Cheers, Theocharis Baxevanis

As far as I understand it the error is the reverse of what you think:
QtDesigner was used to generate the SOURCE (.ui) by developers, you
don't need qtdesigner installed at all in order to compile yade.

On the contrary, you should try to upgrade uic - I don't know what
distribution you use, but it is contained in qt3 development packages
normally (in debian, the package is called qt3-dev-tools). So actually
you should upgrade the whole qt3 development suite. Is that a big
problem for you?

Regards, Vaclav