Re: installing YADE 11.0 on SUSE 10.2

Virus Hobbes said:     (by the date of Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:18:53 -0700)

> Hello all,
> I've been trying to install YADE 11.0 on a SUSE 10.2 machine with no luck at

Does this help you?

   http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/Installation

I'm still updating the wiki website. But The installation
instructions should be rather good.

The only problem in fact is that we didn't try to install yade on
suse. You can try the fedora instructions instead...

  http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/Fedora_Installation

But instead of using "yum" you have to use the software that allows
you to 'add/remove packages' on suse. A package manager. You need to
install with it all the packages listed there:

  gcc-c++ qt-devel glut boost boost-devel scons wget tar gunzip tar
  make libXmu libXmu-devel diff glut-devel

If you need more help, please describe your problems in more detail.
What fails, etc... In fact we need someone that knows SUSE. I've
never used SUSE, I only know debian/ubuntu/kubuntu ....

In fact if you finally manage to install in SUSE, you could write a
page on the wiki about installing yade on SUSE :)