Re: installing YADE 11.0 on SUSE 10.2

Virus Hobbes said:     (by the date of Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:09:24 -0700)

> I try'd using KDbg but that keep crashing me so I switch over to DDD, and
> this is what I'm getting when I run it.
>
> GNU DDD 3.3.11 (i386-suse-linux-gnu), by Dorothea L(gdb) file
> /usr/local/bin/yade-0.11.1
> Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
> (gdb) run
> Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.

I was getting this error for linux kernels below 2.6.19. Due to some
kernel bug gdb cannot work. Not only in yade, you cannot attach gdb to
any running process in the system. If you have kernel below 2.6.19
you will need to upgrade...