Re: Install YADE on-64bit CentOS 5

> To find the 64bit compatible problem of QTDIR took me 2 days, while I don't
> have a sense exploring the scons system, also need to point out that the
> latest version of scons does not work for the current YADE. Since someone told
> me my problem needs the re-compilation of qt but the latest qt version is qt4
> (incompatible), it seems an unsolvable problem.

I think you mix two orthogonal issues: scons and qt.

If there are identifiable issues with scons proper, please report bug
about that - I am not aware of changes in scons that would make it not
functional. Obviously, library detection is not scons issue, it is your
configuration. I am willing to help with that and fix it if you say
exactly what bothers you.

I see no point in recompilation of qt; in any case, qt4 is not
source-compatilbe with qt4 and you _have to_ use qt3.

Regards, Vaclav