From: yade-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Václav Smilauer
Sent: Mon 11/5/2007 3:43 AM
To: yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Yade-users] About 64 bit compilation switch of YADE

> I think scons has a flag to compile with AMD64 CXXFLAGS = '-fPIC', I dont know if it answer your question

Sorry, this is nonsense. g++ as is normally installed compiles for the
system (guest) architecture and cannot compile for any other arch. (It
is different if you have cross-compiler installed, but if you do, you javascript:SetCmd(cmdSend);
Send
know what you're doing). -fPIC instructs the compiler to emit
position-independent code (PIC), which is (acidentally) required for
shared libs on AMD64, but by itself doesn't signify any architecture.
See man gcc.

Feng, I sitll don't understand what problem do you have.

Vaclav