uniaxial tension test

Hello,

I'd like to run uniaxial tension test on some sphere assembly.
Basically, I need only an engine controlling displacement with a few
parameters (like displacement rate) and strain/stress recorder. How
do/would you do that?

I heard some folks used TriaxialTest for that, is it possible and how?

Otherwise, I will go ahead and create a plugin. If I am in a mood, it
could Delaunay-detect the outer sphere layer and group them together so
that displacement is applied on the boundary and put it into SVN. For
now, I need just a quick hack before Christmas.

Thanks for suggestions - Vaclav