From: yade-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Václav S(milauer
Sent: Fri 12/14/2007 5:26 AM
To: yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Yade-users] "Primary view" window empty

> Hello. I made it but it didn't solve the problem. In fact it seems to
> be due to a problem with "GLX" which cares of 3d (that's what my
> office neighbour said to me ) :
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". ( is written in the
> shell of Yade)
> For the moment this "GLX" doesn't still work...
Generally, if GLX is missing, the server will fall back to software
rendering (which is slow by several orders of magnitude - no kidding).
Can you run glxgears from the terminal? Let it run and it will tell you
what is the frame rate after a while - if that is less than a few
hundereds, then your acceleration doesn't work. But in that case you
would see at least something in the primary view. You can also post
output of xdpyinfo to investigate this.

But my first bet would be what Feng suggested: recompile qglviewer,
probably new mesa version with different API was installed.

Regards, Vaclav