Re: Force network

Hello. It is surely a bit late (...) to help you but I answer for maybe other people who will be interested in the same thing in the future. So, now there is in the latests versions of Yade an Engine (in pkg/dem/Engine/StandAloneEngine/) named "ForceSnapshot" you could use for save in an output file all the values of normal force of the interactions present in the model. I use this output File with Matlab then to draw such force networks (spheres of the model with a more or less big line between the spheres in contact to represent the value of the normal force). My problem is 3D but I ask to Matlab to draw only the interacting spheres that are both in a "cut" (that is to say that for exemple their Ycenter belongs to [Y0-Dy;Y0+Dy], with Dy similar to a mean diameter of your spheres, so that not too much spheres that are behind each other are drawn).

Kien Dang, Mr a écrit :

Hi,

One of the advantage of DEM is that we can observed the force network as well as some other properties such as coordination number inside the material. Can anyone give me some hints to draw a force network in YADE?

Thank you so much,

Kien Dang