Re: Comparison with PFC

Hello
> 1. Has someone experiences also with PFC (FISH)? Or better to say are
> there (YADE) advantages in comparison to PFC? What about the speed of
> simulation?
Yes, I worked with PFC before. Yade is probably still a bit slower than
PFC for the simple basic simulations (perhaps 30% difference but it is
really hard to get a precise estimate). However, you can slow down PFC
computations a lot when you start to develop complex fish procedures,
e.g. in order to make something that was no intended by design. Yade can
be designed for your own purpose, that is the difference.
> 2. Are in YADE materials for ceramics implemented? Plasticity?
It depends what laws you need for ceramics... Yade has
elasto-frictional-cohesive contacts, with or without bending moments.
Thats all for the moment, but you can implement your own constitutive
relations.
> 3. It is possible to have different contacts in one body?
I would say yes, but I am not sure what you mean here. But anyway,
everything is possible in Yade if you code it.
> 4. What hardware is recommend?
Any hardware you can install linux-debian on.

Bruno
> Many thanks
> IngenieurBüro für Keramik
> Michal Kotrc(
> Bergbaustrasse 1
> 02956 Rietschen
>
> Tel.: 0049-35772-40072
> Tel.: 0049-35772-18301
> Fax.: 0049-35772-40071
> Mobil(D): 0049-163-240-1356
> Mobil(CZ):00420-774-719-719

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43