Re: File Generator window Explanation

Hi,

> _Triaxial Test Parameter:_
>
> >>Import File name:
>
> Suppose I want to do Triaxial Test, if import file name is
> ../data/small.sdec.xyz,
>

> My question I have to write anything in _small.sdec.xyz,_  ?

No, you can keep it as it is. If you don't define an import file name,
spheres positions will be generated randomly. small.sdec.xyz is usefull
only if you want to get always the same sample (e.g. for debugging).

> What does each column mean of sdec.xyz?
>
> 0.027814 0.028311 0.053055 0.006921 1 1
>
> 0.040115 0.039488 0.051634 0.009072 1 1
>
> 0.014935 0.042338 0.065370 0.014248 1 1
>
> 0.040157 0.020724 0.049777 0.007933 1 1

x / y / z / radius / (sphere or wall?) / no idea ...

> >>There is 2 tab named (_internal Compaction_ and _Auto Compression
> Activation_), what are their deference?

You can find documentation on classes and members in the sources (here
TriaxialTest.hpp).
Alternatively, you can find the same documentation in html format in
../YADE/trunk/doc/doxygen/html (this html is generated when you compile
Yade).

I paste here one part of the documentation on TriaxialTest :

/This preprocessor is designed to :
    1/ generate random loose packings and compress them under isotropic
confining stress, either squeezing the packing between moving rigid
boxes or expanding the particles while boxes are fixed (depending on
flag "InternalCompaction").
    2/ simulate all sorts of triaxial loading path (there is however a
default loading path corresponding to constant lateral stress in 2
directions and constant strain rate on the third direction - this
otherwise the simulation stops after isotropic compression)/

> >>What are the function of _maxMuliplier_ and _finalMaxMultiplier_?

Parameters of internal compaction.

> >>What are the function of _default Dt_:

Define dt when an automatic value can't be computed.

> >> What is the significance of _Stability Criterion_?
>
 >> What is the significance of _sigma_iso?_

Those parameters are explained in the sources (at least in latest
versions). Just check where they are declared and you'll know what they
mean. Or browse html doc.

Regards

Bruno

> Regards,
>
> Nurul Islam (Rana)

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43