Re: Simulations with Clumps

> I'm currently trying to use clumps within my DEM simulations of granular
> flows. But we can see a few notes in "clump.cpp" about things to be
> verified for using. So ...
> Has anyone already used them in simulations ? Did you encounter problems
> ? If you could share you experience I would be happy ...

My only confidence in that code comes from the fact that

1. I tried to scrutinize the code as much as I could (no cut&paste of
things I didn't understand etc),

2. I run some simulations to see whether is conserves energy (it seemed
that it indeed does); that code is in #ifdef 0 prison in Clump::moveMembers;

3. clumps in ClumpTestGen behave rather realistically.

Apart from that, I can't give you any guarantees, but you will have the
honor to use that code for a real simulation ;-). In any case I am here
to help you out or fix things if something is broken.

IIRC there were no changes to clump code since 0.11. (We could make
another "stable" release before Janek goes berzerk with
boost::serialization and the whole project collapses - ping ;-) ).

Best, Vaclav