Re: staticity quantification

Hi Vaclav,

   The simplest way is to check the kinetic energy of the whole granular
assembly and stop the simulation when the kinetic energy is low enough
(a given percentage in addition of the lowest kinetic energy computed
after a long time of simulation without evolution of the loading
parameters).

   Otherwise something is already implemented for the triaxial test and
based on the unbalanced force of the particles. But Bruno will speak
about that better than me!

   Best,

   Luc

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I would like to quantify how much has a simulation approached static
> state (provided such state exists). Has someone done that? I thought of
> summing velocity norms (but what should be the threshold here?) or
> perhaps observing whether global stiffness is almost-constant. (Bruno,
> you're expert on that, how would you do that?)
>
> The reson for that is to programatically stop simulation once desired
> state is reached, without user interaction, so that I cun say: run that
> until it is done.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vaclav

Luc Sibille, Université de Nantes - Laboratoire GeM, maître de conférence

Adresse/address:
IUT de Saint Nazaire - Département de Génie-Civil
58, rue Michel-Ange - BP 420
44606 Saint-Nazaire Cedex   France

Tel: +33 2 40 17 81 78     Fax: +33 2 40 17 81 60