Re: Problem with r1351

Hi,

that is expected and it changed in 1344, see changelog.

Short answer: You can copy your old scons.config to
scons.profile-default and you will get old behavior.

Long answer: scons.config is replaced by scons.profile-*, where * is any
name you select with "scons profile=..." ('default' if you say just
profile= ) and allows you to switch between complete independent sets of
build options.

There are 2 profiles predefined: default (or empty name), which is
debugging build. And 'opt', which is optimizing build (by default). You
can create any new profile by using profile=something and then
specifying other params. The current profile that will be used is stored
in scons.current-profile.

The point was to quickly switch different build options without writing
them all down. So now I can say "scons profile=default" and have the
debugged build and "scons profile=opt" and get the optimized build.
Otherwise, I would have to do thusly:

 scons optimize=false debug=true variant=''

and then

 scons optimize=true debug=false variant=-opt

Hope it is clear.

Vaclav