Re: libboost-dev issue

let me start over from the beginning,

   1. I followed the installation instructions for debian/ubuntu, to make
   sure all the required packages were up to date by using aptitude.
   2. Then I switched over to "Installation details" and followed those
   instructions, by adding "deb-src ....." to my "sources.list"
   3. I then used "apt-get source yade-svn1365"
   4. Then I ran "apt-get build-dep yade-svn1365" in which got this message
   in return.

   - Build-Depends dependency for yade-svn1365 cannot be satisfied because
   no available versions of package libboost-dev can satisfy version
   requirements

so build-dep is not happy with libboost-dev, where can I download it to
satisfy it?

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Václav S(milauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > ok I downloaded 1.34 and copied over the files into my
> >
> > /usr/include/boost/
> foreach.hpp would've been enough (!; you may get crashes if you have
> different headers from the ABI that libs were built with). Yes, it
> should be /usr/include/boost/foreach.hpp (it is just this file that you
> needed).
>
> You can attach ../build-[yourversion]/config.log if unsure.
>
> Vaclav

Daryl Begaye
Diné College
http://www.dinecollege.edu
Major(s): Computer Science and Fine Arts