Re: Trouble with installation

Hi,

You need to edit the repositories list in either you package manager or
manually edit the sourses.list file with the command

*vim /etc/apt/sources.list* ------------- if you are using a debian based
linux

depending on your linux distro you might need edit it as root or if your
using ubuntu based system use sudo, and you don't have to use *vim*, you can
use your own favorite text editor.

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:20 AM, jpvassal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
jpvassal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for helping me;
> Unfortunatly, i already tried to follow this instructions and the message I
> get are :
>
> Pas de version candidate trouvée pour libboost-date-time-dev
> Pas de version candidate trouvée pour libboost-filesystem-dev
> Pas de version candidate trouvée pour libboost-thread-dev
> Pas de version candidate trouvée pour libboost-regex-dev
> Pas de version candidate trouvée pour libboost-iostreams-dev
> Impossible de trouver un paquet dont le nom ou la description correspond à
> « liblog4cxx9-dev »
> Impossible de trouver un paquet dont le nom ou la description correspond à
> « ipython »
> Impossible de trouver un paquet dont le nom ou la description correspond à
> « python-matplotlib »
>
> (No candidate version found... Impossible to find the package... And so on)
> And then when I try to install Yade, so libraries are not found :
>
> Yade version is `0.12rc1', installed files will be suffixed with
> `-0.12rc1'.
> All intermediary files will be in `/home/jpvassal/build-0.12rc1'.
> Checking whether c++ compiler "g++" works...yes
> Checking for pthread_exit(NULL) in C library pthread... yes
> Checking for glutGetModifiers() in C library glut... yes
> Checking for boost::posix_time::time_duration::time_duration() in C++
> library boost_date_time-mt... no
> Checking for boost::posix_time::time_duration::time_duration() in C++
> library boost_date_time... no
> Checking for boost::thread::thread() in C++ library boost_thread-mt... no
> Checking for boost::thread::thread() in C++ library boost_thread... no
> Checking for boost::filesystem::path() in C++ library
> boost_filesystem-mt... no
> Checking for boost::filesystem::path() in C++ library boost_filesystem...
> no
> Checking for boost::iostreams::file_sink("") in C++ library
> boost_iostreams-mt... no
> Checking for boost::iostreams::file_sink("") in C++ library
> boost_iostreams... no
> Checking for boost::regex("") in C++ library boost_regex-mt... no
> Checking for boost::regex("") in C++ library boost_regex... no
> Checking for C++ header file boost/foreach.hpp... yes
> Checking for sqlite3_close(0L) in C++ library sqlite3... no
> Checking for qt-mt in /usr/share/qt3... yes
>
> One of the essential libraries above was not found, unable to continue.
>
> And when i look to my package manager, it seems that all libboost package
> are there. So there's something i don't understand.
> If you have any ideas, thank you for helping me.
> Regards
>
> Jean-Pierre Vassal
>
> Message Original:
> A partir de: Václav S(milauer eudoxos@xxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:21:54 +0200
> A: yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jpvassal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sujet: Re: [Yade-users] Trouble with installation

> [...]

Daryl Begaye
Diné College
http://www.dinecollege.edu
Major(s): Computer Science and Fine Arts