Re: System requirement of Yade for a new computer

2>How much memory is needed if the number of spheres
around 200k? Is there a approximate relationship
between the memory and the spheres number?

I think since modern OS uses virtual memory there should be no exact limit for # of spheres, there is an approximate relationship between # of spheres (X) and computation time (Y), it is a quadratic relationship based on my previous test. According to your described hardware (a general computer), I think a reasonable upper limit on # of spheres should be between 10k~30k, that will limit your computational time to several days instead of weeks. But I think a better choice is start your analysis using 1 or 2 thousands, several hundreds or even several tens, I don't think it is good to rush into many many number of particles before you are sure everything is working as you expected.

3>Does the graphics card necessary if I close the
raphic effect? or some common graphicscard-onboard is
enough?

You can disable Open graphics by using the null GUI. But YADE uses 2 independent threads for graphics and DEM calculation, so the computation time is the same if you use the null GUI on a single computer.

Good luck!

Feng