Re: Error in YADE installation,Ubuntu 8.04

Hi,
I have tried for several times for yade-0.12.0

wget http://prdownload.berlios.de/yade/yade-0.12.0.tar.bz2
tar xvzj yade-0.12.0.tar.bz2

but having message like to extract

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1

I have also tried by
tar -jxvf yade-0.12.0.tar.bz2
and
right click extract here and some other options also.

I have checked bzip2 installed.bz2 and gz not same I know.IN case of yade.012rc1
it is going to build scons and compilation starts...but after 2 days I found
error message.

I want to try once more to solve the problem for yade.012rc1,but for
yade-0.12.0 can any body tell what will be the exact terminal command
to extract?I am sure it is a bigginer question?but sorry to ask.

Regards,
Nurul Islam