Viscous damping code for YADE

Hi, all:

I am about to release the viscous damping code for YADE SVN, this damping is different from the non-viscous damping and the damping effect only exist when particles are in contact, the basic equations are similar to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damping

In some conditions, this is more realistic than the non-viscous damping. Two verification problems are listed in:

Feng Chen, Eric. C. Drumm, and Georges Guiochon „Prediction/Verification of Particle Motion in One Dimension with the Discrete-Element Method”. International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE, Volume 7, Issue 5, pp. 344-352 2007

One thing is I only tested it with YADE-0.11.1, it might take some time to compile with the latest SVN, hope this would be helpful.

Merry Christmas!

Best regards,

Feng Chen
Graduate Student
223 Perkins Hall
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 37996
http://fchen3.googlepages.com/home

--
This message was sent by Launchpad via the Contact user/team
link on your profile page.  For more information see