Re: Relative Density

Hi Mohammad
Hi All,
Now a days again I am losing myself to understand Radius Expansion(RE) as well as REFD(Radius Expansion Friction Decrease Method).

I didn't think I wrote such bad explanations! ;-)

Well, in RE method the particle size is different from the initial particle size, that can be anticipated by Rmin/m, and Rmax/m.Which is uniform for all particle as multiplied by same factor.

But in REFD, when isotropic then the particle radius and in maximum porosity state, when friction is reduced then particle state and the initial sate of particle is different.Am I right?I want to mean, in three different case three different particle size range, due to change of multiplication factor? Or, is there any other meaning?Or this is the limitations of REFD.

"REFD" is : RE, then FD.

RE : the radius of each sphere is modified
FD : friction coefficient is reduced, leading to a volumetris collapse, but this time radii are not affected : the stress is controlled using walls.

So, three different cases will give the same particle size distribution (because the final size is fixed at the transition between RE and FD), but different porosities and different total volumes of the sample.

Bruno

Thanks Bruno and also to Villard, for co-operation.

Regards,
Mohammad Nurul Islam

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43