Re: CohesiveFrictionalLaw

Could somebody tell me if the CohesiveFrictionalLaw is ready to use? And is there any validation as well as benchmark for that contact law? It looks in the development stage for me but it can be very useful to simulate some cohesive materials such as clays.

It should work.
This law is relatively general. You have to tune it to choose between fragile or perfectly plastic behaviour (the first would be better for rocks, the second seems more realistic for soft soils), and also decide if contacts created during the deformation will be cohesive or not. It can include bending/torsional effects too, but those components will be only elastic for now. It is no big deal to add a plasticity threshold. If you need a cohesive law, I recommend using this law as a basis and adapt it to your specific needs instead of starting a new class.

Bruno

Regards,

Kien Dang

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43