Re: pregenerated sphere packings

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Bruno Chareyre bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:36:57 +0100
To: yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Yade-users] pregenerated sphere packings

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I would like to have pregenerated (periodic) packing of spheres which
> could be used to fill arbitrary volumes just by putting one cell next
> to another and then clip the result to get the exact shape. I use
> constant sphere radius. How would you generate such packing? I imagine
> like 10k spheres. Would it be useful for other people to have it in
> yade as text file and some utilities to use it?
>
> I know yade cannot do it at the moment, but perhaps PFC can?

Yes PFC can, if you pay the additional bill for the periodic boundaries
option... I don't know anybody with this version in Grenoble.
Appart from this, it is a good idea and yes it could probably be used by
more than one guy. All we need is to code the periodic boundaries in
Yade (I have ideas for this but no time...), or find somebody with a
periodic code.

Bruno

Hi,

 I know somebody with a periodic code. It is Christophe Martin (Professor
at University of Grenoble, laboratory SIMAP), He has developed Dp3d in
Fortran. Normally, this code is free.
If you are interesting, I can send him an email in order to know how to
download his code.

JF

http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE

Follow ups