Re: Some questions

I am new to YADE, but will try to answer. If I make a mistake, I think more
experienced users/developers will correct my answers.

2009/6/30 Ripudaman Manchanda <RManchanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  *Hi I have few questions to resolve before I can start using YADE*
> **
> *1) Is it possible to have a hertz mindlin contact law instead of a
> hooke's contact law between granular particles?*
> **

You just need another "constitutive law"
http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/ConstitutiveLawHowto

> *2) Is it possible to compact an assembly under a prescribed anisotropic
> stress state?*

Not sure, but I think yes.

> **
> **
> *3) Is it possible to grow the size of a particle gradually?*

You can pack the needed volume as you want. You just need exact mathematical
formulas of this packing.

> **
> **
> *4) Is it possible to create a circular hole at the base of a box through
> which particles can escape?*

"Almost" circular hole can be simulated with polygon with many angles. Exact
circle hole is also possible but requires some more efforts. But with
open-source all is possible.