Problem about old boost version on cluster (scientific linux) when compiling YADE

Hi, all:

I might have asked this problem before, I am now recently again trying to compile YADE on HPC cluster, the cluster has a scientific Linux environment with an old boost version of 1.31, the administrator said it difficult for him to update the boost for some reason, and I am now trying to have a local build of the latest boost version 1.39, however the scons seems to only look for boost at '/usr/local/boost' but not the path where I put the latest boost 1.39,
I tried using the CPPPATH='/fchen/DEM_CFD/boost_1_39_0' and
LIBPATH='/fchen/DEM_CFD/boost_1_39_0/lib'
and even tried CXX='/fchen/DEM_CFD/gcc-4.1.2/bin/g++',
it does not help, is there a way to force scons to look for boost headers and libs in my specified folder?

Thanks a lot!

Feng Chen
Geotechnical Engineer
HNTB Federal