Re: Triax profiling on cluster

And one more thing, the head node on a cluster is AMD. Everyone uses
it to submit jobs, the head node should never be used to run
calculations.

But I made a benchmark on head node during some weekend on the
night, when nobody wasn't working.

This head node with AMD is indeed twice faster than 8 CPU nodes
E5440, and four times faster than 16 CPU nodes X7350 (under full
load). Four times faster, can you imagine?

But of course that head node is only 2 CPUs. So it cannot calculate
that many as those 16 CPU nodes. But a single monothread job goes
crazy fast.

I suspect that when Gael told me that the cluster is twice faster
than his old AMD sun workstations in his room (orioles, etc..) is
that he was running a simulation on the AMD head node, instead of
submitting it to a cluster. But I never had a chance to ask him.

best regards