Re: How to create a rock joint?

Hi Boon and others,

Actually, I am also interested in fractured rock mass modelling. To
implement a Joint Model in YADE is also a part of my plans for the next
future. I did not have the time for it until now, but it will be interesting
to exchange about the possible strategies to do it efficiently. As you
noticed, the key point is to identified joint interactions before starting
the simulation, but, once this has been done, I think that writing the
corresponding constitutive law (assigning the joint plane orientation to the
contact interaction and providing characteristic features such as dilation
as a function of shear displacement) would not be a big problem (especially
with Anton and vaclav works on RockPM and ConcretePM).

I hope to have some time to work on it soon

Cheers

  Luc