Re: Radius Expansion in triaxial test

Hi Boon,

It converges in less than 42k iterations usually, but this sort of simulation is sensitive to parameters changes, and you perhaps picked a bad combination of them. I see big oscillations, perhaps your radius factor for growing spheres is too big?

Bruno

boon chiaweng a écrit :
Hi, it's me again :).

I've run a Triaxial Test on 10,000 grains with internalCompaction = True. SigmaIso is set to 100, 000 Pa. After 40 mins (42260 iterations), the wall stresses do not converge, and the stabilityCriterion doesn't go down. Porosity, on the other hand, has converged to 0.39. It looks like the compaction stage with radii expansion is going on forever.

Has anyone experienced this with internalCompaction (radii expansion)? I've attached the recorded data.

Yours,

CWBoon

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43