Re: Contact forces

Hi Nejib,

Presently, I think plotting forces against orientations has not been done.  YADE is able to plot the histogram (number) of contact orientations.  https://yade-dem.org/index.php/ScriptPlotContactDirectionDistribution   You may have to code it yourself.  In principle, it would be same as the one above.  Instead of counting the number of contacts in that direction, you can sum the forces and average it.

Alternatively, if you wish to store the data into a textfile, you can look at the TriaxialStateRecorder.cpp/hpp.  Also do look at TriaxialCompressionEngine.cpp/hpp.  To loop over the interactions, you can use:
FOREACH(const shared_ptr<Interaction>& I, *ncb->interactions){  }

The contact normal should be stored in ScGeom or Dem3Dof depending on which contact laws you are using.   I'm quite new to YADE, and this is all that I can suggest.

Yours,

CWBoon