Poisson

Hi Bruno,

concerning the Poisson's ratio you said..

"For Poisson, the name is only due to the fact that Poisson's ratio depends mostly on ks/kn. But there is no constant - not even linear - relation between the micro and the macro in that case."

I am just a little confused since I was reading in the following paper:

"Numerical simulation of drained triaxial test using 3D discrete element modeling", Belheine, Plassiard, Donzé, Darve, Seridi

that kn influence the macro parameter E of the sample, but that there is also a relationship between alpha=ks/kn and nu (macro).
Probably I am interpreting something in the wrong way. Could you clarify me on this point, please? Is there a dependence somehow?

Thanks a lot.

Chiara

Follow ups