Re: A basic question

Oops...and I forgot one another question:

(3) Is it possible to run YADE on a parallel cluster?.and if can be run independent of the GUI? (that is..I make an input file, run in a parallel machine and postprocess in another machine?

Thanks!

Abhishek

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 01:15:29 +0530  wrote

>Hello,

I have just looked through YADE, and it looks to be a very powerful tool. However, before "taking the plunge", I would like to ask a few questions (I agreee they might look a bit silly :-) ):

(1) I noticed that examples folder of the yade-0.20.0 download has a few .stl files. I would like to know if the code handles sphere to triangle collisions?...or is any arbitrary body "packed" with sphere?

(2) Is it possible to give prescribed motion to any body, especially an arbitrary shaped body imported from an STL file?

Thanks!

Abhishek Basak

Post to   :yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx