Re: Uniform distribution

Hi,

 Actually you can enter a value for StdDev but for R_mean I think you
should do some pre_processings to estimate the R_mean of your pack after
the phase of compaction.
Taking into account the porosity and the number of spheres you can find
the appropriate value of R_mean and deduce the ratio StdDev that you
have to use to satisfy the range of granulometry. And then on yade just
enter the right dimensions for the box and the number of spheres.

A last thing, you need to check for the porosity given by Yade after the
compaction and it should correspond to what you expect else you need to
change the friction angle of the compaction phase so that your porosity
fits perfectly.

If something goes wrong with this procedure, or may have impact on the
results, don't hesitate to mention it !