Yade hangs on installing

Please, no panic.
Please, do not write me private emails on that topic! Use mailing list
instead. I ask you to do it for the 3rd time.

You should be very patient on using ANY software, especially scientific open
source under hard developing. Everything can happen: errors, warnings,
"segmentation falls", strange behaviour etc,,, And we are all trying to fix
errors and solve questions, even if they do not affect us. You should
understand that.

According to your question. I think, you have less, than 2GB RAM on your
computer. It is not enough for default compiling. Or you use 4 threads for
compiling on 1- or 2-core machine.

Try to use this:
scons -j 1 chunkSize=5

Hope, it will fix your problem.