Unbalanced

Hi Bruno,

it is again me asking something about the Triaxial (I know I could be boring but until I do not have something clear in my mind I can't sleep;)

My point is still on the value computed as unbalanced force (dimensionless as you rightly said).
Well, we agree that once the packing (during the expansion) has reached a certain compaction we start having contacts between particles and so we should see that “cycling” the unbalanced force decreases. The problem is that I see the unbalanced force going down only towards the reaching of the final stress we give as input to get at the end of the compaction phase. So, why?
I mean, I have been trying to store the unb at each iteration to see what happens but without giving me an answer.

Let's try to make an example:
your final stress is 50 kPa
you start your expansion
every 100 iterations you expand (so you perform 100 cycles between each expansion)
Let's say that your packing is not at the final stage according to the final stress on the walls but it is quite enough compacted. In such situation I expect that between iter (say) 20000 and 20100 I get a decreasing in the value of Unb force (do you agree?). It doesn't. Unb doesn't remain the same, of course, but still oscillates around 1.
This is to say that the unb force seems not going down because you have got a sort of dense packing (as we said last time), but only because you are reaching your final stress.

I am not saying that I got wrong results from the Triaxial, just trying to understand how it works.

Many thanks for your help;)

Chiara