Re: Contact forces

Hi

luc scholtes a écrit :
Hi all,

A remark since I tried to compute the coordination number for a given simulation.

When I use those c++ lines:

Real inter=0;
FOREACH(const shared_ptr<Interaction>& I, *ncb->interactions){ if( !I->isReal() ) continue; inter += 1; } Real coordN = 0;
coordN = 2* ( inter/nbElt );

How do you compute "nbElt", do you take into account the elements not involved in the contact force network (i.e. elements involved in less than 2 contacts)? Maybe element not involved in the contact force network are not taken into account in the python script.

Luc

it gives me a lower average number of interactions K per body than the python script defined in utils.plotDirections().

I suspected an exclusion of the sphere/wall interactions but, even in that case, I should have a greater K.

Thanks for your advices

  Luc