Re: Sign convention contact laws

shearForce = (phys.ks*dt+phys.cs)*shearVelocity;

but should not be:

shearForce += (phys.ks*dt+phys.cs)*shearVelocity;

Both wrong I think... If spring and dashpot are in parallel it should be something like :

elasticShearF += shearVel*phys.ks*dt;//check plasticity condition on that one ...
viscousShearF = shearVel*phys.cs;
shearForce = elasticShearF + viscousShearF;//... or that one, depends on your constitutive model

The solid (elastic) force can accumulate with increments, the viscous one is uniquely defined as a function of current velocity (no history).

Moreover once we rotate the force we have:

shearForce -= shearForce.Cross(axis);

Still the same, the rigid body rotation is not impacted by the constitutive equations.

Bruno