Re: [yade-users] Geometry efffects in triaxial loadings?

Unfortunately, the correction does not affect my results. Indeed, as I said, the 3 strain rates were equal, and this is what the equations below should provide if I understand well.
Yes, they should now.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I attached here the evolutions of the 3 strains during the same test. You can see the delay between the 3 strains to reach the desired stress level. I told you about "relaxation" effects because of the transition between compression and dilation when the axial stress (see E2) level is reached. I tried by decreasing the maxVel and by decresing the time step, but I still have the same delay...

I don't really understand your plot. There is no stress.

In fact, I don't really know if my problem (say, less deformation in the axial direction than in the radial ones to reach the same stress level) is really a problem... I would expect to have identical deformations (and I insist on deformation and not displacement!) in each directions to produce the same increase in stress, assuming that the sample is isotropic and homogeneous, but it seems that I was wrong...

I agree : isotropic stress on an isotropic material is obtained after isotropic strain.
Perhaps your packing is not isotropic? Or there is a bug somewhere...

ps: I found another tiny error in TriaxialStressController. It was in the computation of the wall thickness (see rev 2068). It affected the case where the thickness parameter was not specified.

Thanks! I wondered why I never noticed problems with the previous code, the reason is this assignment was never used in my case (always using the user-defined non-default value).

Bruno